By Steven Dietz
MSP's policy regarding Covid-19 will be followed for auditions, rehearsals, and performances. For more information on the MSP Covid-19 Policy, please see the bottom of this page. This policy is subject to change as state and local guidelines change.
Actors will not be wearing masks or face shields for the performances of this show.
Monday, July 26 & Tuesday July 27 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Auditions will be held inside the beautiful Westfield Playhouse located at 220 N Union St., Westfield, IN 46074. Please enter through the front lobby doors. Those auditioning will read from the script. Please bring a list of all conflicts between August 1 and October 17.
If you have any questions or would like the audition sides, please contact Director, Brandi Davis at
October 7 - 17, 2021
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows begin at 7:30. Sunday shows begin at 2:30.
Rehearsals will mostly be on Monday through Thursday nights beginning the week of August 23. A read through is scheduled on August 9. Most rehearsals will be from 7:00 - 9:00pm. Once we are into tech week, the rehearsal schedule will change and includes weekend dates. Expect longer hours during the final week of rehearsals. We will not have rehearsal on Labor Day. Not all roles will be called every rehearsal.
In alignment with the current Covid-19 policy at MSP, masks will be mandatory at all rehearsals and temperatures will be checked at the doors. This is subject to change should the policy change.
“I want your fear. For your fear, like a current, rushes through your body. Your fear makes your heart pound, it renders your veins rich and full. Your fear hemorrhages deliciously within you.” This new adaptation restores the suspense and seduction of Bram Stoker’s classic novel to the stage. As Count Dracula begins to exert his will upon the residents of London, they try to piece together the clues of his appearances—in a valiant attempt to save themselves from a hideous fate. Rich with both humor and horror, this play paints a wickedly theatrical picture of Stoker’s famous vampire.
Roles to be cast:
Mina Murray - female - 20s-30s
Jonathan Harker - male - 20s-40s
Lucy Westenra - female - 20s-30s
Dr. John Seward - male - late 20s-30s
Renfield - male - open age
Abraham Van Helsing - male - open age
Count Dracula - male - 20s-30s
Extras to play attendants, waiters, maids, and vixens - 1 male, 2 female - 20s-40s
IN ORDER TO KEEP OUR ACTORS, TECHNICIANS, VOLUNTEERS AND PATRONS AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE
DURING THE WIND DOWN PHASE OF THE COVID PANDEMIC, WESTFIELD PLAYHOUSE/MAIN STREET PRODUCTIONS, INC.
HAS INSTITUTED THE FOLLOWING REVISED COVID RULES - EFFECTIVE JUNE 07, 2021
1. There will be a check in point where anyone entering the theatre will be asked if they are vaccinated or have reason to attest that they
have Covid antibodies. If they cannot answer yes then they will be asked to wear their masks while in the building and the following
questions will be asked:
- Are you currently experiencing any Covid symptoms that are not preexisting conditions?
- In the past 14 days, have you experienced any Covid symptoms?
- In the past 14 days, have you been exposed to anyone who has Covid?
2. We will have hand sanitizer in the dressing rooms, outside the actor bathrooms and back stage for actor/technician/volunteer use and in
the lobby and lobby bathrooms for patron use.
3. Actors/technicians/volunteers should show up to all rehearsals prepared with all of their own materials, including, but not limited to,
scripts, pencils, masks, water bottles. No company members should share, including make-up and hair styling equipment.
4. There will be no reception lines or gathering of actors or company members in the lobby following the performance. We would ask that
patrons do not congregate in the lobby prior to or after the shows. Any greeting or picture taking with friends or family should occur outside the theatre, at a safe social distance. This will occur on the front porch, off to the side as to not block the exit doors. Each show’s
director has the option to choose whether their cast will do this or not. Each actor in the cast will also have the option to participate or not, depending on their own personal comfort level.
5. If an actor, technician, or volunteer tests positive for Covid during the early portion of rehearsal, s/he will be removed from the
production and the role will be reassigned. Re-casting will also occur if this situation happens close to opening, and the role is small. If a
positive test occurs too close to opening night, the show may need to be delayed until any danger of Covid is obviously eradicated. Any
member of the company who believes they have been exposed to Covid should IMMEDIATELY contact their director who should
IMMEDIATLEY contact the producer. The producer is responsible for notifying the Executive Committee.
6. If the producer and director agree that they do not want to wear face coverings (shields, masks) for rehearsals and performances the
following rules will apply:
- If you have not auditioned your cast, the decision MUST be disclosed at audition time that the company will not be using face coverings.
- If you have already cast your show, this agreement has to 100% unanimous by the entire cast and crew. If one actor feels unsafe, it is
your responsibility as a director to make them feel safe. If that means wearing face coverings, you must make that the rule. The one
-- If one actor wishes to mask up and personally doesn’t care if the rest of the cast does not, then they are allowed to without
- Block as much social distancing into the show as is possible.
- Watch your social media posts! It is your responsibility to protect MSP/WPH image.
- If the board learns that any actor or technician feels uncomfortable and the director is not accommodating, the board
will step in to rectify the situation.
This document will continue until such time that the CDC offers new guidelines which inform The Westfield Board to revoke or revise it. As the Covid situation is ever changing, the Covid Committee can offer amendments to this document at any time which must then be passed by the entire board by majority vote.